As Flex grows, the demand for custom reports and integration projects is mounting quickly. With this in mind, we’ve decided to create a new role for a data and business analytics specialist. I’ve posted the job description below, but what we’re really looking for is a report specialist with some basic coding skills and a good handle on statistical methods.
Flex Rental Solutions is looking for a data analyst to help customers with their reports and business analytics requirements. The successful candidate will start on a part time trial basis and ramp up to full time if the trial period goes well. This is a telecommuting position.
- Develop custom reports backed by SQL and XML based data sources.
- Work with customers and project management team to develop reports and reporting tools per customer requirements.
- Work with the development team to develop new standard reports.
- Coordinate reporting requirements with developers to ensure that all necessary data is available and accessible to reporting platforms.
- Work with the support team and new customers to prepare legacy data for importing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Management Information Systems or related field – or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years working with SQL, including a knowledge of joins, aggregate functions and subqueries.
- At least 2 years working with some kind of visual report designer like Crystal Reports or iReport.
- At least 2 years experience with XML and XSD, ideally with a working knowledge of xpath.
- At least 2 years experience working with a source code configuration management system like CVS or Subversion.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in the English language.
- Experience working directly with customers to analyze and interpret requirements.
- Experience with Agile Development / Scrum.
- At least 2 years working with MySQL 5.1 or later.
- At least 2 years designing reports for Jasper Reports with iReport.
- Working knowledge of the Java programming language and the Spring framework.
- A working knowledge of statistical methods including distributions, co-variance, co-relation, and standard deviation.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and web service transport protocols like SOAP and REST.
- Knowledge of standard Java build tools like Ant or Maven.
- Experience with entertainment technology or event production.
Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to jobs [at] flexrentalsolutions [dot] com.
Flex Rental Solutions cannot provide H1B sponsorship at this time.