For Flex Rental Solutions 2018 was a year of delivering on our promise to bring best-in-class mobile warehouse management apps and building a solid foundation for the future of Flex5 - 2019 will be no different. In fact, we’re more excited than ever. Let’s start off with a quote from someone who emailed us recently - a university professor training the next great minds of the production industry.
“We'd really love to train students on Flex, as it seems to be the premiere product being used in the market today.” - Daniel Mixer, Daytona State, Mike Curb College of Music, Entertainment, and Art
Celebrating memorable milestones in mobile warehouse management apps
- We released Flex5 Tablet, adding to our suite of mobile warehouse management apps.
- Shortly after, we released Flex5 Phone - giving our users more ways to manage their inventory.
- We also released Flex GTS, an option for the user who only needs to track gear.
- We crossed the 800 customer mark and we’re steadily adding new customers every month.
- Our customers scanned inventory 37 Million times last year.
- We had one of our biggest user conferences to date (and we’re already planning this year’s!)
RFID built into Flex5 apps - Do more, Scan Less!
In 2018, we started the preliminary research and testing real-world usability of RFID technology with mobile warehouse management apps for the live event market. For a long time, we stood by our decision to not implement RFID because the technology had not matured enough to solve more problems than it created in a warehouse with complex needs as the event industry requires. In the past, RFID tags were acquired using portal technology, or proprietary handheld devices. Each of these options never delivered accurate or time saving-results for the event industry.
New handheld hardware allows bluetooth connection to modern devices such as Apple and Android phones and tablets. Tags technology has continue to improve readability and improved mounting options make the real world usability better than ever. RFID has opportunities for users to acquire item ID’s quicker and gain actionable data and instant feedback while offering a real cost savings in warehouse operations. We currently have existing customers testing out our Flex5 mobile apps with RFID integration. The estimated release date for all customers March 1st.
For those interested in preliminary info follow this link.
What will 2019 bring?
2019 is the year of Flex5 Desktop and other exciting developments. Our team has now moved primary focus to Flex5 Desktop, with financial document development currently underway. Our development team has taken a transitional development approach to Flex5 Desktop. What does that mean? It means that we’re prioritizing features that our customers use daily (quote building, inventory management, scanning, etc.) to run their business and making those available to use in Flex5 even before Desktop is fully released. Although we’re modernizing and streamlining the UI - the layout will feel familiar, so you won’t have to worry about relearning a new system. In the video below Chris Stein, CEO, explains how this will work and he takes on a brief tour through our progress so far.
We’re hiring! Are you our next Flex Tech Support superstar?
Flex Rental Solutions is looking to add to our team of rockstar support professionals. Do you have the Flex expertise, knowledge, and same passion for exceptional customer support as we do?
Catch us these events in 2019
- Join us in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth during the Entech Roadshow in March.
- Catch us NAB Show Booth C11547 in April - it’s our first time there and we’re excited!
- Come learn more at Booth 7071 at InfoComm in June in Orlando and Booth 2049 at LDI in Las Vegas in November.
- Our European customers and friends can come to PLASA in London in September at Stand A20.